Monday, November 13, 2006

Practically Perfect

I had been striving to attend this musical for about a year, first being confused by high prices, then getting there on wrong days with no performance, etc. Why did I want it so much? Because I love weird fairytales and because… well, because… I am writing this post because there was an astrological reason.

The Mary Poppins story is well known, it is about a magical nanny making people lucky and happy.

The first astropuzzle was: what chart would say “I’m practically perfect” and invent word 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' (super- 'above', cali- 'beauty', fragilistic- 'delicate', expiali- 'to atone', and docious- 'educable')? The answer is: Sun in Leo (perfect) with Moon in Virgo (a bit critical about own perfectness) and retro Mercury in Virgo (loving long smart words). Pamela Travers was born in Australia on August 9, 1899. Sun in Leo, Moon in Virgo – this is the Perfect Nanny!
The second astropuzzle was: why did it attract me so much, just by a plain poster? Why, when I had got there, I was happy about everything, from cast to stage machinery?

The West-End production by Cameron Mackintosh (born on October 17, 1946, with Sun on Spica and velvety Moon in Cancer) was opened on December 15, 2004. Here we can be quite certain about the time when the production was born: in London it happens at 19.30.

Happy events do not need to consult an astrologer: ruler of ascendant in creative 5th in fruitful Sagittarius, cusp of 2nd on Regulus, Rahu in 10th, Moon (public) in reception with Saturn on Procion (and, for spiced traditionalists, with Neptune), strong ruler of 10th, Jupiter on IC, bad guy Saturn packed into 12th – what a happy chart!

And why did it catch me? Ascendent - just on my Sun, Jupiter – on my ascendant, Moon - on my Moon, etc. Resonance. Additionally, I was lucky to attend one of the last performances of Scarlet Strallen after her year in the cast.

Highly recommended to Leo, Aquarius, Sagittarius and Libra. This is your musical, folks!

No comments: