Monday, January 08, 2007

Horatio Nelson

The 56m Nelson Column in London has a less famous 44m twin (with Britannia on the top) which was built in Great Yarmouth in 1819, 24 years earlier. The place used to be a vivid trade area, but later the centre of the town was shifted to north, marine trade replaced by airplanes, and now the column is surrounded only by cargo offices.

I was sitting there and thinking what kind of chart should a hero have? Certainly, a dignified one.

Look at Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars in own houses, and reception Mercury-Venus (Mercury on Spica). Impressive, isn’t it? Good chart to be born in a village, to join Navy at 12 years age and become a national hero with unfading fame.

Surprisingly, he was a small man (5ft 4in), suffered many diseases (including seasickness!), and his achievements were due to the strongest spirit which overcame all the physical obstacles.

He was very skilful in marine tactics that gave him many victories, his fame was nationwide, he had a woman who he loved, a daughter, and above all – he died in peace. In Portsmouth, at HMS Victory, his words are inscribed on the timber: “I commit my life to Him who made me, and may his blessing light upon my endeavours for serving my Country faithfully”. And his last words: “Thank God I have done my duty”.

1 comment:

shetheson said...

check it out Learn More continue reading this over at this website you can find out more Bottega Veneta Dolabuy