Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Thames Barrier

When I wrote about stamina and mentioned Mars and Saturn as the main significators for persistent effort, I meant people – I didn’t think on stamina of something inanimate.

Yesterday I was travelling along the Thames and came to the Thames Barrier. This is an engineering miracle which protects London and adjacent area against tidal floods. When operated, it forms an amazing wall of 5-storey building height and reliably protects the upper river from being filled with flooding waters. The pressure of the stream at the flood peak should be enormous, and this construction is capable to stand it.

Stamina – that was the analogy that suddenly came to my mind. The day when the Barrier was opened should have Sun influenced by Saturn and Mars!

As you can imagine, the chart that I cast when came home does possess this feature.

The Barrier was opened by Her Majesty The Queen on May 8, 1984. Not only does it show stamina, but it also has all the outer planets retrograde (and nodes direct, which is unusual). Note also the fixed signs. This is stamina devoted to resistance!

Helena. Monsieur Parolles, you were born under a charitable star.

Parolles. Under Mars, I.

Helena. I especially think under Mars.

Parolles. Why under Mars?

Helena. The wars have so kept you under, that you needs be born under Mars.

Parolles. When he was predominant?

Helena. When he was retrograde, I think, rather.

Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

No comments: